Ukrainian Village is one of Chicago”s historic landmark districts. If you have ever wondered about what such designation means, then don”t miss the upcoming May neighborhood meeting.Questions like the following will be addressed:
- What does it mean to be a landmark area?
- What are advantages of living in a landmarked district?
- How the landmark rules are enforced?
- What happens after a building has been found in violation of the landmark ordinance?
- What is the process when we have repairs that need to be done to the exterior of our building?
Larry Shure, from the City of Chicago Landmarks Commission has been invited to answer any questions or concerns about landmark districts, like Ukrainian Village. We hope to see you there!
UVNA meets every third Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm the Hoyne Avenue Wesleyan Church. To receive emails with news and updates, sign up on our website or contact email@example.com.