Street cleaning will start up again on April 1st, 2011 and run through November 2011.
During street cleaning days, vehicles cannot park on designated street in order to accommodate the street sweeper. Please always make sure to watch out for orange signs on your block so that you know when your street will be swept.
- Please help us keep drains and curbs as clear as possible and remove any winter debris and leaves from sewer drain covers. to prevent clogging the drains.
- Leaves and winter debris may NOT be raked into the street for the street sweeper.
- Please bag leaves and place them next to your trash bins. Massive piles of debris ruin the street sweeper brushes and cause breakdowns.
Ukrainian Village falls within sections 17 and 18 of the 32nd Ward with regards to the street sweeping schedule. Click here for a map of the the sections within the 32nd ward. The streets within Ukrainian Village that are north of Augusta Boulevard fall within section 17 and those south of August fall within section 18.
- Section 17 – Street Sweeping Schedule for 2011:
- May 19th and 20th
- July 12th and 13th
- August 31st & September 1st
- October 24th an 25th
- Section 18 – Street Sweeping Schedule for 2011:
- May 17th and 18th
- July 8th and 11th
- August 29th and 30th
- October 20th and 21st
For more information on the City of Chicago’s street sweeping program, or to make special requests, call 311 or visit their website here.