Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
2018-2019 UVNA Officers
President: James Conroy
Vice President: Sally Collar
Treasurer: Stephanie Siller
Secretary: Maggie Taft
Ukrainian Village is a historic Chicago neighborhood located south of Wicker Park. Its boundaries are Division St. (1200 N) to the north, Chicago Ave. (800 N) to the south, Western Ave. (2400 W) to the west, and Damen Ave. (2000 W) to the east. It was the first neighborhood to be designated an ‘official neighborhood’ of Chicago by Mayor Jane Byrne in 1983. A section of the neighborhood was designated as a Chicago Landmark District in 2002 with extensions added in 2005 and 2007.
The Ukrainian Village Neighborhood Association is a not-for-profit community organization whose mission is to foster a sense of pride and well-being in among its residents. Originally the Ukrainian Village Preservation Society, UVNA has built upon the success of the Preservation Society to maintain Ukrainian Village’s historic character and has expanded upon that mission to include the promotion of responsible urban planning, civic engagement, and community advocacy. UVNA provides a forum for residents and local leaders to voice concerns about new development, historic district compliance, crime, and safety.
- Old World Meets Modern Vision in West Town’s Ukrainian Village (Chicago Tribune, 2009)
- Ukrainian Village, Chicago – Wikipedia Entry
- Ukrainian Village – entry in the Encyclopedia of Chicago
- Ukrainian Village – entry in wikia.com