You are invited! The UVNA is co-sponsoring the upcoming 2nd Ward debate on March 24th between Alyx Pattison and Brian Hopkins.
Two of the best political writers in the city will be moderating. Greg Hinz , Political editor for Crain’s Chicago Business, and Hal Dardick, City Hall reporter at Chicago Tribune.
This time our moderators and candidates will have the freedom to go into detail with open questions and responses. Candidates will even be allowed to ask each other direct questions.
This event is co-sponsored by the East Village Association, and the Wicker Park Committee. Special thanks to Principal Oleksy and Columbus Elementary for the use of their auditorium.
To submit questions for this debate, please contact us at email@example.com
When: 7pm on Tuesday, March 24th (exactly two weeks before the special runoff election on April 7th).
Where: Columbus Elementary School Auditorium (1003 N. Leavitt St.)
Parking is provided in the school lot across from the entrance.
Please enter the building on the west.
This Monday night, November 24th from 7pm to 8pm. To be held in the basement meeting room at St. Helen’s church (2347 W Augusta Blvd. The entrance is on Augusta at the bottom of the steps near the statue. A sign will be posted).
– We will discuss the request for a liquor license and zoning change for the tavern located at 2125 W. Division St. Matt Eisler will be on hand to discuss his plans in detail for the tavern, which was discussed at the last meeting but not voted on. After his presentation we will be discussing and voting on whether to support the plan for this restored tavern (to be located in the first floor of the white building shown on the attached photo).
More on this plan can be found here: http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20141010/wicker-park/queen-mary-boutique-cocktail-bar-planned-for-tavern-empty-since-1975#
– The Butterfly mural plan is set. We will also be talking about ideas for raising funds to repaint the walls of Western park and recruit volunteers for the week long effort in Spring 2015.
– We will hold a review of the UVNA and what role we play in the community. We would like to have a discussion of the best things Ukrainian Village has to offer and how the UVNA can help in highlighting them. This will include a series of ideas already set for group discussion, but will also be open to new ideas as well.
We hope everyone can stop by, and we want to give a special thank you to Marianne Johnson and St. Helen’s School for letting us use this space for our meeting.
Additional Note: UVNA meetings are now usually held on Thursday’s, but due to the Holiday we are holding this special meeting on a Monday. Sorry for any inconvenience.
The next meeting of the UVNA Membership will feature:
– Updates on the Western Park butterfly mural project with artist Tony Sparrow
– The upcoming Open House Chicago architectural tour synopsis and updates
– A question and answer session with Jess Loren (organizer of the Chicago Christmas Crawl) and David Coleman (head of security for the Chicago Christmas Crawl)
– A presentation from Matthew Eisler on his tavern restoration project at 2125 W Division
Please make sure you are there by 7pm, InnJoy is also featuring ½ Price Boneless Wings, ½ Priced Pitchers, $6 Stoli Flavors and $5 Fireball Shots.
(photo credit Elaine Coorens)
When and Where: Neighbors are invited to attend the UVNA Membership meeting. It starts at 7pm at Whisk in their back patio (weather permitting). Whisk is located at 2018 West Chicago Ave, in the space formerly occupied by Chickpea. In an effort to highlight local businesses, we have been hosting our membership meetings at different locations. This will be our first meeting at Whisk
What will be discussed: Thursday night we will be taking a membership vote on the final condo development plans for the old St. John’s church at Walton and Hoyne. This plan has been picking up steam in the last few months, and this vote will show our support or lack of support for the project.
More on this issue can be found here: http://oururbantimes.com/preservation/ukrainian-village-association-vote-current-development-plans-former-st-john-evangelical
Additional updates will be given at the meeting to bring neighbors up to speed.
Also we will be giving updates on street safety projects, upcoming festivals, area development and park projects. We will need a lot of feedback on which future projects you want UVNA to focus on, so please consider attending and sharing your ideas. Also, we will be highlighting details for our September social event.
Whisk will have a lot of options for dinner as well. Have a look – http://whiskchicago.com/menu/dinner-menu
Hope to see you there,
The UVNA officers